Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Come Dive with me in Thailand!


It's summer time and I wish I was diving. Here's the dive photographer's pictures of the first day of diving we spent in Phuket.  Notice how green and murky the water seems. That's what Michael calls, "vis" or visibility. Contrast the murk with the clear, blue underwater pictures my husband took in Grand Cayman that I posted earlier. 

The cool thing about diving in Thailand is the stunning soft corals. The photographer gave us photos he took with a strobe, too. I'll share some of those tomorrow. But for today . . . hop on the boat. It's leaving. Let's get wet.


 


 









Okay, enough sight-seeing. Time for the dive briefing. Get ready, get set, DIVE!!



My hubby and I as the dive begins. Notice the vis isn't too bad yet because the sunlight can still penetrate.





But as we got down to the wreck, this is what it looked like:







Yep. That's me.

I'm on the right. Notice my awesome streamlining!

That's me on the left this time. More awesome streamlining! If you flail your arms and let your equipment float around you, it wastes energy and creates drag. You've got to get that tank of air to last. Conserve!





Darn. The dive is over. They always end too soon. 



Tune in tomorrow for fantastic shots of soft corals and what happened on our second day diving on that trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment